The following exciting activities are planned on the 9th December.
Start Time Activity
1. 7:30 AM onward Registration* and Treasure Hunt Enrollment
2. 8:30 AM - Breakfast ( On payment)
3. 8:00 AM 1st Rockwalk
4. 9:00 AM 2nd Rockwalk
5. 10:00 AM 3rd Rockwalk
6. 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM Snake Awareness Program
7. 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM Rappelling
Rock Shot Put
Trail biking (On payment of ₹200 for half hour)
Tug of war
Pass the rock
8. 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM Treasure Hunt
Variety Program Onstage.
9. 12:00 PM - 02:00 PM Lunch ( On Payment)
10. 03: 00 PM Rock Quiz
* At the time of registration, disclaimer is required to be signed by all participants. In case of minors, parents / guardians need to sign on their behalf. Most events will be run simultaneously and one can participate in them one after the other. Carry your ID card and online registration slip.
Guidelines for Outdoor Activities:
- Wear sports shoes.
- Wear comfortable clothing. Avoid flowing clothes like sarees, lungis etc.
- This being a wilderness area you are better off in full pants and full sleeves.
- Apply sun cream.
- Hats and caps are available on sale.
- Carry water to keep yourself hydrated. Refreshments are available on sale. Free water refills provided.
- Participants with long hair are advised to tie it up before rappelling and zip lining.
- No loose items like phones, keys etc. should be kept in pockets during rappelling and zip lining.
- All participants are required to sign the DISCLAIMER. Kids below 18 years to get the disclaimer signed by the parent or guardian.
Society to Save Rocks activities
A rockwalk isn't merely a walk among the rocks. It's a rendezvous with heritage. Get introduced to them so you know the importance of their preservation and appreciate their beauty . You will get ample time to get a feel and also take pictures with the rocks.
Guidelines for Rock Walks:
All participants shall hike together to the rock sites behind the focal venue and should keep in sight of the guides.
Rock Quiz :
Participate and find out how much you know about rocks and their heritage.
Guidelines for Rock Quiz
Teams of 2 - 4 participants will be chosen randomly at the venue.
Questions will be on rocks in Hyderabad, the Deccan, India and the world.
First and second prize will be awarded.
The Egyptians built pyramids by stacking one rock above another. Do you have a trick up your sleeve to arrange a gravity defying stack of stones?
A challenging and interesting game where you have to balance rocks of different shapes. For inspiration, check the web for “Rock Balancing”.
The Variety Program
Get a surprise with varied onstage performances. If you'd like to perform a small program yourself (not more than ten minutes), call Frauke - 9849936248.
Would you like to carry a rock home? Get it tattooed (painted) on your wrist, arm, face and take it along. Our artists will be there for you all day.
Great Hyderabad Adventure Club activities
If you have been yearning for an experience that has a mix of adventure, problem solving, team work and alertness, look no further.
Treasure Hunt is an exciting game played among groups that compete to find clues that lead to a final hidden treasure. The treasure hunt will be in the wilderness area and different teams will be formed at random during registration. Please ensure to register for the treasure hunt at the registration counter.
Slack lining is a practice in balancing that uses both mind and body coordination. A slack line uses nylon or polyester webbing tensioned between two anchor points. This is a safe and fun activity that all ages can enjoy for hours together.
Bouldering is a climbing activity that has a predefined route of various difficulties. Bouldering is done with rock climbing shoes and safety crash mats. Trained climbers will assist and introduce you to this interesting sport
Rappelling is getting down a vertical face with the help of rope and harness. Conducted under supervision of a trained personnel and certified safety equipment, you can experience the adrenaline rush as you get down a vertical rock.
Trail biking shall be done on trails around Khajaguda. It's fun to ride the bike in the wild grass and trees surrounded by the scenic rocks. Test your quads and steer through challenging terrain.
Age Limit: 13 years or older.
Rented bikes are available for an additional charge of 150 INR to be paid at the time of registration. Participants may bring their own MTBs.
Please note that any damage to the rented bikes shall be borne by the user.
Haven't you sometimes felt the urge to swing like Tarzan? Here's your chance to do that without worrying Jane!
A Zip Line consists of a pulley suspended on a cable, mounted on an incline. It is designed to enable a user propelled by gravity to travel from the top to the bottom of the inclined cable by holding on to, or attaching to, the freely moving pulley. Feel the rush as you zip over landscape.
Rock Shot put
This one is for the regulars at the gym. Flex your muscles and we shall see who can hurl the stone ball the farthest.
Tug of War and Pass the Rock
Two fun games for the strong and alert